Monday, March 3, 2008

Or Maybe I Really am Crazy



I really love spring. My family is fortunate enough to have bought a house that someone else spent the time and money to landscape, so this is the time of year when we get to enjoy all the beautiful flowers that we would have killed if they required any maintenance on our part. My husband did the trimming this weekend, and I decided that today would be a good day to take pictures of all the things that are blooming.





We have irises (my favorite):




The Texas classic – azaleas:

Even the oleander is trying to wake up for Spring:
This is where I started to question my sanity:


Are asparagus supposed to get that big?







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also inherited a pre-landscaped yard. We spend a lot of time say "do you think this is a weed, or is it supposed to be here?"

Love the large asparagus though.

Jen said...

Spring! What??? That doesn't come around here until late April. We've still got 12 inches of snow on the ground.

Your bloggy friend up here in the frozen tundra of the freshly retired, Brett Farve. :(
Jen

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Holy crap!

Is that thing photoshopped? If not I would not eat asparagus around it. It might take it's revenge on you in the middle of the night.