Friday, June 8, 2007

My banana has a website

It’s Dole.com. What happened to the pretty blue Chiquita stickers with the curvy little lady on them that I stuck to my forehead as a kid? I’m eating a banana right now, and it has a sticker advertising it’s own website. I usually buy organic bananas, and I don’t think it would be quite in keeping with the lifestyle perception to put a website on an organic banana, but my dear kind hubby went to the store for me this week. In addition to several “all in one pot, just add water” meals, I got advertisement on my bananas. I just don’t know how I feel about that, you know? I am on the internet all day, but there is just something unnatural about websites for produce. It makes me think that my bananas have some sort of technological component to them that is not very appetizing.

On a lighter note, 2 people mistook me for a high-school student yesterday. This used to happen to me all the time, but not so much since I became an overstressed mom. I guess that pregnant glow is working its magic. For reference, I’m going to my 10-yr high school reunion this year, so this is a big compliment to me. If they were hip to the high-school crowd, my shoes would have given me away, though, I have to admit. No high-schooler with a sense of dignity would be caught in Bass sandals. Bass is clearly the choice of the older generation, but hey – I’ll take what I can get. Woo-hoo! I’m getting younger in the eyes of old people!

No comments: